Monday 19 May 2014

If childhood gender roles were carried on into adulthood.

We all know it, children's advertising is a haven for misrepresentation of both sexes. As a child Barbie was shoved down my throat as the "toy I am supposed to like" although I always wanted an Action Man; pink was "my favourite colour" because I was a girl although I very much preferred green (because it was the colour of my favourite football team. Most recently, my friends (all female) and I were talking about the Kinder Easter eggs and how one was marketed at girls (with a Polly Pocket inside) and the other at boys (with a Batman figure) and all six of us said we'd take the Batman if we had the choice. This is a video highlighting the ridiculous nature of children's advertising by projecting them onto situations adults face in their everyday lives:

 

What do you think of gender-roles? Are they accurate? Leave a comment!

Follow me on Twitter!


0 comments:

Post a Comment